Ah, the thrill of a new toy.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Saturday, September 05, 2009
I'm hosting our book club in November, and I am in need of a book club book suggestion. I had some good book ideas, but for some reason they don't have copies of the books in the Denton or UNT libraries. HELP ME! I know there are several of you who are avid book readers. What are your favorite books?
To give you an idea of what we have read recently in the book club, here are some books that have been on our reading list:
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collings
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- The Life of Pi by Yan Martel
- Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
Here are the books I was thinking about picking, but they don't have them in the library:
- Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Remen
- My Grandfather's Blessings by Rachel Remen (I have a copy of this and there is a copy in the Denton library, so this is a possibility.)
- The Peacegiver: How Christ Offers to Heal Hearts and Homes by James L. Ferrell
- This Is My Words by Nancy Turner (I haven't read this and there is one copy at the Denton library, so this is a possibility.)
- The Tao of Pooh by Hoff (I've read this, but I don't know if everyone would like it.)
- The Secret Life of Bees (I've read this and it is a possibility.)
Choosing a book for book club is harder than I thought because I want everyone to enjoy the book, and everyone has such different tastes in books. And this is a lot of pressure because this is my first book choice for the club, so I don't want to be known as the one who picked "that" book (said in a negative voice).