Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Jake and Joanna Show (sung to the theme of Itchy and Scratchy)

In the long tradition of stealing other people's blog ideas, I have decided to copy Ashley. Here are some fun tidbits for you to learn more about the smoldering inferno of passion that is our marriage (just kidding).
1. How long have you been together? We've been together for almost 3 years. However, we've been married for a little over 2 years.
2. How long did you date? We dated for 5.5 months, and then got married 3 months after Jake proposed. However, we talked on the phone for a month and a half before we were officially dating.
3. How old were you when you got married? I had barely turned 21, and Jake was 22 years old.
4. Who eats more? Jake claims that he wins the cake on this question...or rather eats the cake. However, I can pack my cookies too. I think Jake is just a little more "uninhibited" in his eating.
5. Who said I love you first? After we had been talking on the phone for a month and a half, we were finally going to meet each other. In the phone conversation before that crazy event occurred, Jake asked what my feelings were about using the "L-bomb"--as he put it. Take into consideration that we'd yet to have our first date!! As far as who actually said "I love you" first, we can't remember.
6. Who sings better? No contest, this would be me. Not to brag or anything, but... Jake says it's debatable, but I think he his vocals have improved greatly.
7. Who is smarter? This is such an awkward question. I choose not to comment for the good of our marriage.
8. Whose temper is worse? Jake can get pretty testy if I don't leave him alone if he is trying to do something. And I get pretty miffed if I need attention and he doesn't give it to me. You can see where this is going. And yet miraculously--against all odds--we have a wonderful marriage.
9. Who does the laundry? We usually do the laundry together. But if we don't get it done Saturday, Jake usually does it during the week.
10. Who does the dishes? I'll admit, I have to give Jake props for this one. I'll do the dishes, but Jake does it more often because a full sink of dishes makes him more stressed.
11. Who pays the bills? I do. For shnizzle.
12. Who mows the lawn? Don't got one.
13. Who cooks dinner? We usually cook Sunday dinner and lunches together on Sunday. It's one of our best bonding times. As far as dinners during the week, we just scrounge or eat left overs.
14. Who drives when you are together? Jake always drives. I only drive when I pick him up from something.
15. Who is more stubborn? Jake is more stubborn when it comes to winning debates, but I'm sure I more stubborn about most other things.
16. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Jake is really good at admitting when he's wrong, even when he's right. However, once I've admitted I'm wrong, I REALLY admit it and Jake has to spend the next few hours convincing me that I'm still a good person.
17. Whose parents do you see the most? It's about even. We spend smaller amounts of time with Jake's parents, but it's more often. When we go to California to see my parents we are there for a longer amount of time, but we go less often.
18. Who kissed who first? I gave Jake the kissy eyes--as he calls them--but he made the first move.
19. Who asked who out? After our phone courtship, we both new that we wanted to check each other out in person. We figured out that I'd fly into Salt Lake at the same time Jake was in Salt Lake with his family for Thanksgiving. He picked me up from the airport, so the first time we met was in the airport. How dramatic.
20. Who proposed? That is definitely a man's job. Jake had dropped some hints, and I had been quite clear that I would welcome a proposal of the matrimonial kind. I don't think there was any fear of rejection. Actually, come to think about it, Jake threw out a couple of fake proposals to psych me out. Unfortunately I fell for it a few times, much to my chagrin.
21. Who is more sensitive? I am more sensitive. End of statement.
22. Who has more friends? I think it's pretty even. Most of our friends are mutual friends.
23. Who wears the pants in the family? Honestly, we share power and responsibility pretty evenly. But seeing how I am currently the suga' mama, I think I wear the pants at this time--which is unfortunate because Jake doesn't have very attractive legs.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

This post cracked me up! I think my favorite was 16 or whatever number talked about who apologizes... I think I laughed so hard because I AM 100% THE SAME WAY!!!! I think Dave spends the majority of he week consoling me about yet another stupid mistake I have made or something I have said :)

Ashley A. said...

Great post Joanna! I love the part about you "welcoming a proposal of the matrimonial kind". Cute pictures too! You both have great eyes!

Jackie said...

I liked reading more about your relationship, since I never really knew too much about how you guys "hooked up."

Ginger said...

I showed Sam that he is featured on the J&J blog and he thought that was pretty cool, although not as cool as the picture of Joanna and the alligator. He wants to know if it's real.

Joanna said...

Yep, the alligator is indeed real. It is the white alligator at the Hogal Zoo. Pretty cool and creepy.
I love the picture of Jake and Sam. They look like they're having so much fun.

Heather said...

What a great couple! I love taking credit for your marriage, even though all I really did was make a suggestion!

J-Rad said...

I was only partially disgusted with your cuteness, so good job!