Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Hogle Zoo

So a few weeks ago we and our friends the Rogers (Filios Evangelicus) went to the Hogle Zoo in SLC on a weekend. I really like going to the zoo. It's just another way that I'm more like a child than an adult. A list that doesn't seem to get any shorter over time. So here's some of the stuff we saw. The white alligator was a traveling exhibit and was part of our motivation for going. It was pretty cool. Apparently it's a genetic mutation (not an albino) and wouldn't survive in the wild.

Next, I really liked this elephant. He (or maybe she?) would scoop grass into little piles with his/her trunk and then eat it. Can you imagine doing all that with your nose? I thought it was pretty cool.
Another fun part of the day was getting up close and person with this Giraffe. It was munching on a branch near the wall where we were. I never realized how weirdly shaped their heads were. I think they look like big birds.
Finally, while hanging out with Daniel and Heidi at their place their pup, Roxy, figured out what suckers Jo and I are for dogs and took full advantage of the situation.
Afterwards we went to Famous Daves which, for those who know my history with the institution (Graham, nudge nudge, wink wink...), can always be a dangerous adventure. It was tastey of course.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that we're a different species (Filios Evangelicus). :) You guys are so awesome and we can't wait to hang out again!

Mia said...

That white alligator scares me. I love zoos as well, but the one here in Nashville isn't the greatest. If you ever get to St. Louis, have Ian and Andi take you to the zoo. It is amazing!