Saturday, May 10, 2008

Denton, TX

This past weekend Jake and I went to visit Denton to see where we will be living for the next 5 years. I will give you a personal tour. First came the plane ride...










Here is a view of the pretty campus...

Jake in front of the Administration building (I think).

Joanna by the fountains.

Jake in front of Terrill Hall, the psychology building (Jake's future "home").


Below is the quaint, classy downtown area.
The old courthouse in the center of town.

Denton's downtown square that encircles the old courthouse.

And last of all is a picture of the apartment we will be living at. The "pet" cockroach below this picture was not found in this apartment, but they were in quite a few other apartments we looked at:). I decided that I would prefer dog as a pet. Pest control please.

9 comments:

Ginger said...

What a great looking place! Nice beard, Jake.

Alan said...

Cockroaches...welcome to Texas.

Unknown said...

How fun it will be to explore a new place! We are simultaneously sad for us and excited for you!

Mia said...

I'm glad you picked the place without the cockroaches ;) Looks like it was a really good visit.

Suzanne said...

I was ready to move until that last photo... I guess anywhere you live has good and bad. If you can keep the cockroaches at bay, Denton looks like a fabulous little town! I am so excited for you guys!

Britley said...

It looks like a cute little town! I hope you guys enjoy it lots!

Lori said...

What an exciting move! It looks like a really nice place.

Suze B. Vinton said...

Good luck in TX.

Brian and Carly said...

Joanna! I miss you! Looks like you guys have been all over and havin a great time! Hope everything is going well! Love ya!