Monday, August 04, 2008

Our Ultrasound!!!

So I thought I would use this ultrasound as an opportunity to assume the time honored tradition of being the annoying father with the camera in every one's face. If we start the kid early maybe it won't know any different. So here's some video with a few directors comments...




Well we won't embarrass the child here with any obscene images but let's just say it was definitively made known that we will be having a boy. That's right, our own little man-cub. Someday he'll thank his dear old dad for not posting pictures of his winky online. That kind of stuff can keep you from getting jobs. Here's another video...



So we got a lot of other little videos but they weren't as good for distinguishing body parts. We did get a little recording of his heartbeat which was lots of fun. If you want us to send or post more of the videos, demand it and we just may comply. They're mostly of stuff like femurs and internal organs. Knowing us though, we'll probably be posting more pictures in a blatant and gratuitous attempt to show off our kid. Anyways, here's his heartbeat...



That's it for now, but rest assured we'll post some more later.

Jake

19 comments:

Mitzi said...

I am definitely crying! I don't know why I'm so emotional, but I am SO excited for you guys to have a little boy!!! Congratulations!

Ginger said...

Wow Jake! He looks just like you! This was so awesome guys! I love the little fingers in the second movie.

Shannon said...

His profile sure is cute!! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Mia said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Jake, I laughed my head off reading your entry AND at you doing the little dialogue on that first video. But just because I thought it was funny doesn't mean I don't want to see more videos. :D We're soooo excited for you guys! We definitely want to visit Texas, but with the cost, I'm selfish and want to wait until after you have the baby. That's the main reason I want to visit. ;)

Lisa C said...

Congratulations! A big brother to start the "clan". Oh, and Dan says, "go team!"

Andi said...

Congrats! Im sure your little "man cub" will be as cute as ever :)

reed said...

Pretty nifty, gotta say. You've inspired me to start using my flicker thing...

Leslie, Kenny & Bentley said...

Congrats! That's so exciting. No news yet on us. Ya i'm due the 7th so in 2 days. My doctor didn't think I would make it to the 7th but looks like we might now. We will see! Take care.

Ashley A. said...

Yea, a boy! Congratulations! That part about future jobs for him was hilarious, Jake. :)

Brian and Carly said...

Oh man! I wish I could give you a big hug!!! Congratulations! I'm so so excited for you both! He's already adorable! Love ya!

Suzanne said...

This is such exciting news. That ultrasound was awesome -- so clear. You could easily make out his cute little facial features. Jake, you showed great restraint for not showing "the proof!" ;o) (Joanna -- you look great! and Happy Birthday!)

Emily said...

Congrats! I hope you both feel less pressure now knowing you will have someone to carry on the Farnsworth name. We are SO excited for you!

Suze B. Vinton said...

Congrat on the little boy...They are lot of fun.

Britley said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Our little boys can be friends!

Melanie said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats on the little farnsworth man-cub. We are so excited for you two... or you three rather :). Lucky baby!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Yeah! Boys are so much fun. We're really excited for you!

Heather said...

So, I'm a little late in commenting about this, but we've been moving and our internet has been off and on. Anyways, congratulations!! I loved, loved, loved the first ultrasound video. You are going to have such a cute little baby boy!

karren said...

Thanks for sharing your experience guys. It is so fun to be a part of your excitement his way.