Sunday, January 18, 2009

Don't Get Jealous Ladies...

...but I have the most wonderful husband in all husbandom. The picture above was not staged. Jake made sugar cookies, held Eli in the Bjorn while I took a shower, and was making my dad's famous potato bread. So domestic!

We're learning how to appease Elijah, and two of those ways is hours and hours of bouncing and saying "shhhh" loudly--supposedly it simulates sounds in the womb. Last night I was up at 2 am just prior to feeding Eli. Eli was fussing a little and from our room next door I hear Jake saying "shhhh" in his sleep. He had no recollection of it the next day.

And for the grandparents:

13 comments:

Dan said...

Have you read "On becoming Babywise?" Its not for everyone, but it saved me with Ruth because she was pretty high maintenance, too. It almost immediately got her happy during the day and sleeping better at night.

Lisa C said...

oops that one was actually from me.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

The video is so precious! Still so tiny.

Props to Jake for all the domesticity!

tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said...

what a cutie!! this makes me want Noah to come even sooner!! and those sugar cookies look so good! :)

Ashley A. said...

I am seriously impressed by that picture. Way to go, Jake! That video is so cute, too. I LOVE that newborn skin before they get fat to fill it out. So cute.

karren said...

Grandma Farnsworth says "Thank You!"

Nancy said...

That whole blog entry has me mesmerized....Jake, wow! And I could have watch our darling Eli wiggle and squeek forever! Grandma Criddle says, "Thank you," too!

deena said...

What a wonderful duo of males!

Julie Graham said...

I love this post! Jake I am way impressed, way to go and Eli is so darling! What a beautiful family! Congratulations, Jake and Jo!

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

Haha, that's a great picture! I just showed it to Jacob and told him that I fully expect the same thing from him when she's born! :)

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

oh the kitchen shot is awesome and the the video is so precious!

Suzanne said...

Too late...I got jealous anyway. Loved the video. So cute!

Brian and Carly said...

Not to mention grad school on top of all the other stuff. That makes me tired just thinking about it! Go Jake.