Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's a Holly Jolly California Christmas

As I mentioned in my last post, we spent the Christmas holiday in California with my family. We had a lot of fun...

On Christmas Eve we did the traditional lighting of the German Christmas candle pyramid while we sang, read stories, and read Luke chapter 2.

We also dressed in costumes for the nativity program. As you can see, my mom was the 'star' of the show...


My brothers Evan and Reed.

The day after Christmas we went to my sister Adrienne's house for the Criddle Olympic games. Above is our traditional Lindberg family spoon on the nose contest. My mom won using a baby spoon, and above is her victory dance.

Another Criddle Olympics event was the elf racing as seen below.


Later in our trip we visited the Lawrence Hall of Science. Here are some pictures taken outside the museum...


For Family Home Evening my dad told a story about one of our ancestors and we made sailor hats out of newspaper.


We also spent time just hanging out. Eli enjoyed being swung around in a bean bag chair by his dad.

It couldn't be a party until Reed played 80's music on the piano and the grandchildren danced their little rock star hearts out.


Below is the family photo we took.


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Aaaah! so sweet!

Susie said...

Oh, how I just love the Criddles! It looks like you all had so much fun together. Pat on the back for creativity too. Dang. I am impressed.

You look so good Joanna. And Eli is completely adorable. Jake is cute too...I miss you guys. This Texas trip must come soon. :)

Kathryn Cooper said...

Your family is so fun!

Ginger said...

That picture of Reed and the 80's sheet music made me laugh so hard. I can just see it. And it was fun to see the picture of the whole Criddle clan. I can't believe how big your nieces and nephews are!