Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Country Roads

Our bedtime routine is our favorite time of the day. We start by making a train sound, and Eli automatically stops what he is doing or turn off the tv if it is on and leads our train into his room (all the while we say, "Chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga choo choo, choo choo!" over and over).

Yesterday Eli started singing with me and trying to match my pitch as I sang Country Roads by John Denver. My parents gave us a beautiful book that goes along with the song, and it has become a favorite at our house. We caught Eli singing along again tonight. This is one of those videos that I am going to cry while watch when I'm 100 years old.

7 comments:

karren said...

So sweet.

Nancy said...

Aaaaah. I want to be tucked in like that. What a special time.
The bedtime routine sounds so perfect for a 2 year old! (trains are magical). I always forget how beautiful your voice is Joanna, and Eli singing along is so darling.

Nancy said...

Does Eli have a future as a back-up vocalist?

(This is Nancy's evil twin . . .)

Nancy said...

I guess you knew that last one was from your Dad. (I need to get him his own google account. )

Susie said...

That is so cute. It's good to hear your voice again. It brings me back to PHS. Hope you guys are well. Eli is getting so big. We need to catch up soon.

Suzanne said...

So cute!

Sally Holzer said...

You have a beautiful voice Joanna. Elli is one lucky little boy!