Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Trapped Inside

The last 2 days have been snow days here in North Texas, and we just got word that tomorrow will be a snow day as well. No school for Jake! Unfortunately we really can't go out of the house because it is supposed to feel like zero degrees outside and it's super icy. It's more of an ice day than a snow day.

Since we're housebound, I've gotten to work on and cross off a bunch of projects on my To-Do list. The first few pictures are of 2 infant car seat covers that I made. I think I'll keep the brown one for myself and give the blue one to a friend. I made them using the following tutorial (although I changed the dimensions a little): http://cally-cruze.blogspot.com/2009/10/infant-carseat-blanket.html. The funny thing is that I already decided on this design when I noticed my cousin's wife Mia made the first comment on the tutorial. That's when I knew it was a great find.





Eli has also had fun playing in the infant car seat...
When Eli turned 1 year old and we moved to the house we're currently renting, I decided to make him a name plaque for the wall of his room. I just finished making one for Adam (that's the name we've picked for our son in utero). Below is a picture of the finished product.


And lastly, I made the magnets for Adam's name for our family night board.Who would have thought being housebound would be so fun!

9 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

You are so crafty! I don't even think of crafts to do anymore... it's sad really. That's so exciting that you've picked a name already. I can already picture a cute little baby Adam.

For the record, I'm sick of the ice!! Why live in Texas if we still have to deal with the nasty cold?! Ridiculous.

Ginger said...

I really like that car seat blanket. You're so domestic, Jo!

Suzanne said...

Love your carseat covers! As crummy as the weather has been, it's nice to be able to stay inside and get a few projects finished!

karren said...

You getting lots done before the bambino comes Jo. The car seat covers are really neat and nice looking too. What an improvement over a blanket tossed over. Good job Jo.

Nancy said...

love all of the crafty, great projects. The name plaques are really darling. Boy, Eli is soooo photogenic!

gar said...

you are so impressive, jo! and congrats on the soon-to-come new little one! you guys are just too cute.

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

I love your updates! I love your carseat covers! I love the pics!

Unknown said...

Great job, Jo! Those name signs are adorable. I'm going to bookmark the tutorial for the carseat cover. Can I ask how you changed the dimensions? (Since we have the same carseat...)

Emily said...

Super cute crafts! I can't believe how much snow you've had down there!