Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Long Awaited Pictures

Now for the long awaited pictures of our apartment and my slowly growing belly (plus some other Farnsworth happenings).

As you can see, it's not too different a set-up from our past apartment. A few additions are the tall bookshelf, the fireplace that's to your left, and REAL CARPET (which has just been vacuumed as you can tell).

And then there is our favorite new addition to our home. Yes, it's our dining room table. For three years we used a $9 D.I. table with one adopted chair, so this table is a welcome addition. Some not very clever person who designed our apartment decided to put carpeting in the dining room area, so we got a cool bamboo rug to catch the crumbs...one day a dog will help with this as well. Also notice the cool light above the table. The apartment came with a chandelier that wasn't quite our style, so we got this cool lamp thing at IKEA for cheap-o. The coolest thing about it is that the entire chandelier that came with this apartment is actually still inside the lamp. Good engineering Jake! Our first and only dinner guests so far were the missionaries that had dinner with us tonight.



And then there's me. This is a picture of my belly today at 20 weeks. Growing slowly, but I'm okay with that. I've been feeling our little Farnsworth kick more and more lately. It's still little love taps--I can't imagine what it will feel like in a few months when the little guy/girl has more of a soccer foot. I've been trying to get Jake to feel the movement I feel, but the baby is usually totally still whenever Jake puts his hand on my tummy...until yesterday. Jake felt the baby kick...or head butt...or whatever it was. Hurray!
The other Farnsworth news of the day is that Jake got a calling as Priest Quorum Adviser. There's about 30 Young Men in the ward, and I think quite a few of them are priests, so Jake will get to have a great crew of young guys to work with. I think it will be a great experience helping these young men prepare for missions and see them come back (we should be in Denton long enough for that). I still have no calling, but the bishop commented today that it won't be long until I do. For now I'm just fine being the official cookie baker for the Priest Quorum.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always so clever with your decorating ideas! Who would have thought to hang a paper lantern around the chandelier! And, you do have a tummy now! :o) pretty cute. Love, Mom C.

Mitzi said...

YAY FOR THE BELLY PICS! Belly pics are my absolute favorite. Oh, and the pic right after you have the baby, still in the hospital bed with baby wrapped up.
Love the new table, totally matches your style. AND...LOVE your haircut! It's really short and fun!
(You have to read my "Hermit" blog, you'll totally understand the post!)

Anonymous said...

Very nice apartment! Can't wait to see it. That's an exciting calling Jake has; lots of fun with the boys. You find out what you're having tomorrow! Yay! You'd better blog about it.

Unknown said...

We LOVE your dining table and your whole apartment set-up! Looks like a really sweet place. And I also love seeing your belly pics. Please keep posting them. :) Love you guys!

tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said...

cute new apartment! :)and your little belly looks so cute :)

Brian and Carly said...

You look awesome! SO cute! Thanks for posting tummy pics. Love the table (oh, and the BlenderBottle in the background! I can't live without one in every room...)

W said...

You look so cute! Your apartment looks great too. Hope you are doing well.