Sunday, August 31, 2008

Long Week

It has been a long week. Not so much for me, but for Jake. Jake started classes this week at UNT and along with that he is a TA for two classes, went to a Young Men's activity, and gave a talk in church. Busy fellow my husband is.

I on the other had had a wonderfully relaxing week. After seeing how fast the numbers of the scale grew after my doctor's appointment last Monday, I decided that it is time for me to stop pretending that I exercise and actually get out there and move. I'm now in a routine of doing my pregnancy video work out in the morning for 20 min and then going on an hour walk at night after it cools down some. I found some pregnancy podcasts from a male friend who wishes to remain anonymous called PregTASTIC, and it has been fun to listen to them as I'm walking. I recommend listening to them for any first time mom-to-be's since you can download them free, and it is just like listening to a bunch of girlfriends chatting around a table.

Whoever invented the three day weekend is a genius. All day I've had the feeling that I was going back to work tomorrow, but I have the wonderful realization that I not only have work off but I will also have Jake home all day. We took advantage of this spare time in Jake's schedule yesterday by putting together our baby crib that arrived this week (see below). The bedding also arrived, so all we need now is a mattress, mattress cover, and sheets for the bed.


My friend Kathryn threw an Upper-Case Living party on Saturday that threw me into craft mode. To give a plug for Kathryn, she sells and does demonstrations for decorative lettering that can be put on walls, tiles, wood blocks, etc. Right after the party I went to our local craft store and got so excited since I feel like I haven't done anything artsy since high school. So, I got some wood blocks, paint, animal stencils, dressor knobs, and ribbon and made the cute B A B Y sign that you can see hanging above the crib in the picture above. It was such a blast to make this. I stayed up way too late last night wanting to finish the project. You can see a close up of the final product below. Thanks for the motivation Kathryn!


My mom decided that it's time for another belly shot. Jake took the pictures below today, and I'm at about 5 months 1 week--24 weeks exactly.

Jake thinks the picture below makes my belly look like my rear end. Thanks hunny. Very supportive.


My week ended today with a new calling as the secretary in the Relief Society presidency and a sacrament meeting talk assignment for two weeks from today. Kickin' it into high gear. Bring it on.

13 comments:

Lisa C said...

I LOVE that baby sign. I want to do something similar for my baby's room! How does the lettering work? Does your friend have a website or anything?

Amanda and Miles said...

Your baby sign is so cute! Great job! Also keep up on the exercising, it makes the labor and delivery easier and faster recovery.

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about you both so much and keep meaning to email you. Your baby's room looks like it will be adorable! Good job getting craftsy Joanna! Tell Jake good luck with school!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Wow, you are definitely more crafty than me. That sign is so cute! I love the animals. Tell Jake he did a great job on his talk, I really enjoyed it. Have fun as the new secretary! I'll try not to make your job too difficult. (=

Shannon said...

I think those tiles are too cute!! I totally want to do something like that and I never thought about hanging them on drawer knobs, which looks fantastic. Sounds like fun!

Suze B. Vinton said...

I like the Baby sign, it is so cute!!!!!!

B said...

Whoa, congratulations on your little peanut, Joanna and Jake!!! Just found your blog through Wendy and Micah's through Ben and Cindy's. :) That's SO awesome! Our blog is private--would you please send me an email at rebecca.soderquist@gmail.com with your email address so I can send ya an invite? So awesome.

Brian and Carly said...

The crib and baby sign are awesome! Turned out so cute. I love the bumpers you picked too. Can't believe you're almost 6 months! When in doubt- round up!!! Love ya.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

You look great! I'm so impressed with all you are doing- exercising, shopping, and it looks like you already have the room ready! Wow. I'm so excited for you!

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

That baby sign is so cute!It sounds like it wasn't too hard either? I might have to steal your decorating ideas for our baby's room...which right now is really just a storage space! That's exciting that you are having a boy! We find out in about a month--we can't wait!

karren said...

Jo, you are so clever. Luke/Elijah's crib is very cool as well.

AllisonO said...

Well, I was going to tell you that the baby sign is adorable... but apparently one or two people already beat me to the punch. So happy for you guys! Can I have permission to check out the pregtastic pod-cast even if I'm not yet expecting? :)

Mia said...

Love sp many things, including your cute little baby belly, that adorable bedding, and that great craft you did!