Thursday, September 11, 2008

Watch Out For That Bus!

For the past few weeks every morning has began with a nice, relaxing walk. But on Tuesday my walk took a turn for the worse. I had been walking for 45 minutes when I came to a street with a slow curve. All of the sudden a school bus took the curve of the street too slow and totally hit a mailbox. This mailbox was surrounded by brick and had a heavy concrete piece on top just like the picture to the right. The metal of the bus hit the metal of the mailbox and sparks went flying. Then I saw the whole concrete top fly off in one chunk onto the sidewalk with brick debris hurtling through the air. If I had walked ten or fifteen paces ahead, I would have been knocked out cold. But don't worry, I'm just fine and there were no kids in the school bus. I wasn't even in shock because it was as if I saw the whole thing happen in slow motion.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the bus driver didn't tell the owner of the mailbox what happened. I saw the bus come to a skid and then speed up around the corner out of sight. As I came to the corner I saw the bus driver taking his time looking at a scratch on the bus. I decided to go back to the house by the mailbox and tell them what happened, and I even remembered the bus number so that they could report what happened.

Crazy bus driver!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

First of all - I'm glad you're ok. Man alive, that would have been scary.

Second - I can't believe the bus driver didn't stop. So glad you went back to tell the owners of the house what happened.

Third - Love the new wallpaper on your blog!

Melanie said...

Your blog looks great!! I am so glad that bus driver didn't see you and try to run you down (the witness) with his bus when he was done with that mailbox! Jeesh!!

Suze B. Vinton said...

I am glad you ok... And did the righ thing...

Nancy said...

For your mother, you need to tell the "I'm ok" part at the beginning...aaa! So glad you and little Bean are ok.

Mia said...

Oh my! So glad you are ok. good for you telling the people in the house.

Operaman said...

This is my SECOND blog comment ever. Who knows - this might become habit-forming!