Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm Going Crazy

Jake concurs that I am going crazy.

The first story to illustrate this point is the clock story. I did the laundry on Saturday night, and let's just say there was a little mishap. Before starting the load of colored clothes, I picked up a few shirts and pants that were laying right next to Jake's side of the bed. I then continued to fill the washer with the colored clothes and begin the washing cycle. I came back an hour later to put the clothes in the dryer. As I lifted the last few items of clothes from the washer, I heard a "clink" sound. I looked down to find that I had washed Jake's alarm clock and its life was over. Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal since you can just go the store and buy a replacement, but unfortunately this was no ordinary alarm clock. Jake had this alarm clock since before his mission about 6 years ago and has never had to replace the battery. For the past year or two Jake has been telling me how much he loves his alarm clock and how curious he was to see how long it could go on one battery. Alas, Jake shall never know. It's like that commercial with the tootsie pop...how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop...the world will never know.

This second story happened no more than 20 minutes ago. Yesterday Jake and I cooked creamy potato soup for the first time since it is one of the soups that we are going to serve at our Christmas Workshop Enrichment. We had company over to try out the soup as well, and it was a hit. Jake and I also made a roast that we were going to eat for lunches throughout this week. Well I had the delicious roast for lunch today, so I decided that I would have some left over soup for dinner. I got out the soup and dished it into a bowl to heat it up. I noticed the soup had thickened up quite a bit, but thought that this kind of soup must just thicken up when kept in the refrigerator. Once it was out of the microwave I grabbed a spoon and started chowing down. It was definitely not tasting as good the second day. After a few spoonfuls I was getting really full. I was so confused how I was able to eat 1.5 bowls of the soup yesterday. Then it dawned on me...Jake made gravy for the roast!!! I had eaten about 5 large spoonfuls of thick, hot gravy, which I would guess was about 1/3 cup.

Where is my mind these days!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Oooooh, your new blog wallpaper is very nice! Not sure about the "crazy" stuff; it may run in the family. :o} At least your husband is in the right profession; although, I can't imagine his textbooks dealing with unanticipated gravy eating.

Kathryn Cooper said...

that's hilarious! hahaha yummy

Heather said...

It's all pregnancy, it does weird things to you! The other day I left the water running in the sink after I washed my hands and didn't even notice until Paul asked me what the noise was. You will get a little sanity back once you have the baby, but not much! By the way, I can't believe you only have 2 months left! That is SO exciting!!!!

Shannon said...

Blame it one the pregnancy. ;). Those stories sure do crack me up though!

Ginger said...

I read an article today that says a woman's brain actually shrinks a little in the 3rd trimester. Here's to pregnancy brain!

Cindy said...

Joanna, that seriously made me laugh out loud. Ben came over to see what the funniness was and I had to share with him too. I can't believe you ate all that gravy, gross!

Brian and Carly said...

You're so hilarious. You have got a talent for writing!

Suze B. Vinton said...

Thanks for making my day,That was some very funny story!!! Sorry about the alarm clock though.

tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said...

now we're both having boys! :) and that is such a funny story about you eating gravy!!! it made me laugh out loud!

Nathan said...

Too funny, I love it.

Unknown said...

Great post! Glad to read that you are doing good...besides the going crazy part. Hope you are doing well with your pregnancy!
Holly Hoopes

Brian and Carly said...

Hello. I think we could all use a Joanna post about now. (& some baby news)