Thursday, October 09, 2008

A Months Worth of News

Yes, it has been a while since our last post, so here is a post to update you on what's been going on.

Jake has been settling into his classes. The workload is a little (just a little) less daunting than a few weeks ago. He has his second midterm next week which means the weekend is strictly business. No fun and games.

I've been keeping rather busy as well. Three or so weeks ago I was released as the Relief Society secretary and called as the Enrichment Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. Yikes! I spent that week studying the Martha Stewart website for crafts knowing that a Christmas Workshop was coming up. I think Martha was brought to this world to help Enrichment leaders. Luckily, I came to find out that all the crafts had already been decided. Thank goodness for an on-the-ball president!

Has everyone been enjoying Heroes?! Jake and I got addicted to the series this past summer. I have to admit that I am so very confused after this last week's episode, but it is still so good.

Here is the baby news...
Growth!
He is definitely getting bigger. When I'm sitting down at work I now feel him kicking into my ribs. I'm also feeling big body movements from him rather than just kicks...It's beginning to get cramped in there! I also passed my glucose test. I have to admit that I thought the drink actually tasted pretty good:)...until I got a nauseous hot flash 40 minutes after downing the drink. Blah.

That's it for now. Hopefully we will be better bloggers in the coming weeks. Hope you all are doing well!

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh,little baby Farnsworth is growing by leaps and bounds! As you told me, you definitely have the basketball effect now. Pretty fun! Thanks for all the news; I check your blog all the time and am so excited when there is a post!
Love you (all 3)

Sitton said...

I thought the glucose drink was good too! I guess that large amount of sugar doesn't always sit well on an empty stomach though.

tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said...

Wow! your belly has gotten SO much better since the last time you posted pictures! :) how many weeks are you now?

Melanie said...

That baby belly of yours is so cute I can hardly stand it!! YAY!!! I am so excited for you! And way to go with the whole Erichment Counselor calling; I knew it wouldn't be long before they put you somewhere big...you are worth your weight in gold!

Suze B. Vinton said...

That is one of the cutest bally ever!!! and good luck on your new calling.

Anika said...

you look fabulous

we love thinking about our two almost newborn nephews becoming friends

when we lived in Brooklyn we learned some of Martha's employees came straight from BYU, so perhaps her company really does know our enrichment needs...

Emily said...

You look fantastic! I wish I could see you in person with your cute belly. Hmm...I liked the glucose drink too- it was so nice to eat something after skipping breakfast! And Cassie started doing somersaults as soon as the sugar hit her. :)

KT said...

nice belly pictures. how far along are you? how do you like texas so far? good luck with the new calling. and good luck to jake with school.

Unknown said...

You look so cute pregnant!

Ginger said...

Nice belly, Jo! I am so excited to see the little guy in there! My little guy is kicking with excitement about it right now! And you're right, the glucose drink is no big deal. Thanks for the update!

Unknown said...

He's so much bigger than your last post! So exciting!!!!

Britley said...

Joanna, you look so cute! I hope everything continues to go well. That glucose drink made me feel like I had just had about 10 slices of heavily frosted birthday cake. With the cheap, yucky kind of frosting.

Brian and Carly said...

Oh the vicious drink! You finally popped...a little! You're still pretty dang small to be having a baby in two months! Can't wait. Still set on the same name we talked about??

Grammy Ludwig said...

HI SWEETHEART,
THIS IS CARLY DILLEY'S MOM. I SAW YOUR BLOG AND I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND IF I COMMENT. YOU LOOK SO DARLING AND I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.